Durango Herald, July 22, 2015

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure in the News: Durango Herald, July 22, 2015
Author: Rman (Rman)
Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:46 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Society needs to do a better job of keeping unimaginative in the box thinkers out of positions of decision making. They are fine with stay the course, everyday problems but when a crisis happens they need to be followers, not leaders. I would say that climate change, widespread drought and economic challenges constitute a crisis.

Author: Ecointerest (Ecointerest)
Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 2:10 am

"....given that it sounded viscerally disgusting.

“How much human waste are you really going to be treating on your own property?” he asked. “It just sounds kind of nasty, and I don’t want to create a hazard to human health at my property.”...

This is such a commonly-held concept. Yet every person I have ever demonstrated the composting procedure to has said afterwards, "Wow! I was so worried it was going to be yucky! But, hey...there's no problem, is there!?"

Author: Ken (Ken)
Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 10:42 am

Good article Joe. Perhaps our communities will wake up, especially with the drought conditions that are affecting so many places.

Author: Joe (Joe)
Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 6:15 pm

Humanure: At the frontier of composting
Durango man sees widespread potential for waterless toilets

By Chase Olivarius-Mcallister Herald staff writer

Article Last Updated: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 8:48pm

The Durango City Council is pondering whether to spend $55 million, deemed necessary by consultants, to upgrade the wastewater treatment plant to meet the state’s environmental standards for clean water.

But instead of investing more money in improving water-based toilet technologies, local poop visionary Jeff Wright, founder of Everything Dirt Composting, is advocating humanure – or the composting of human waste – as the No. 1 solution to the city’s No. 2 problem.

More: http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20150722/NEWS06/150729864/Humanure:-At-the-frontier-of-composting-

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.