Compost Toilet Forums on the Web!

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Handbook - A Guide to Composting Human Manure: Compost Toilet Forums on the Web!
Author: Marc Van Hummelen (Rowan)
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 7:24 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Jake, my compost-toilet doesn't fit in that category. I have an attractive toilet, as far as toilets go, that people don't mind using, so I'm not giving you my photo's. No hard feelings.
Marc

Author: jake led (Jake122)
Monday, March 23, 2009 - 5:31 pm

Hi all i am looking for toilet photos from around the world.

To give you an idea have a look at https://www.molasa.com and follow the "shocking toilets" link.

I would like to display such photos on my site.

email at: jakeled122@googlemail.com

Thanks a lot,

Jake

Author: Larry Warnberg (Larry)
Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 8:46 pm

[No profile available] Edit this post

This thread to other websites seems most appropriate to post a link that may be of interest to humanure composters:
https://www.howtopedia.org/en/Main_Page
So far there is just one article, How to Build a Composting Toilet, a basic double-vault design. A link to Humanure composting might open some eyes to the wider range of possibilities.
I found many interesting articles at HowToPedia, which is dedicated to freely sharing appropriate technology. Check it out.

Author: Joe Jenkins
Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 10:35 pm

Here's a new compost toilet forum:

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/compost-toilet/

Author: Larry
Monday, May 24, 2004 - 12:24 am

Hi Joe:
I'm all for composting toilet discussion, but I joined the yahoos and received a lot of spam subsequently. I've never had a problem with this group, knock on sawdust.

Author: Bert Vercauteren
Monday, May 24, 2004 - 5:54 am

Hi Larry,

I'm moderating the yahoo compost toilet forum and had to deal with spam three times until now. These spams happened during last week and were the same spam (about debts) sent three times from different addresses. I think this can hardly be called "a lot of spam"!
Unless US members receive more spam than others, which is very unlikely.
Let's not get distracted by these few poor souls!

All the best,
Bert

Author: Steve Coleman
Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 4:41 pm

Well I would consider 40-80 emails a day a lot of spam on each of my throw-away yahoo accounts. In all fairness though yahoo's bulk email folder handles it pretty well one click and except for the one or two that gets through and it's gone.

All yahoo addresses on my "normal" email account are addressed by a simple message rule which deletes anything without downloading so I never see it.

But then again Larry ... your IP happens to be one of the 2432 ISP's that are handled that way, so it's not just people with yahoo addresses doing that.

Besides very few spammers use their real ISP anyway, I doubt if half the spam actually came from the IP's I've banned.

If you post your mail addy anywhere on the internet eventually a "spider" will find it, and it appears spammers are targeting entire domains now anyway.

My biggest problem with spammers comes from my "friends" that no matter how I try to convince them not to .. forward me those stupid chain mail letters to my regular address.

Next time you get one, count up the number of email addresses someone is eventually going to harvest even if YOU don't reply to it your address is in the loop.

Yahoo is great for spam .. get a free email addy post it if you simply "have to", when it gets to much move to another.

Author: Anonymous
Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 10:28 pm

Yahoo Groups gives you the option of reading at the site without recieving e-mail, recieving every post as an e-mail, or recieving a daily digest. I've always opted for reading at the sites, and have noooooo regrets about it.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.