Port-a-potties

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Port-a-potties
Author: Wayne Ferguson (Hazratio)
Friday, June 22, 2007 - 8:42 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

You're welcome, Joe--I found that in some of my Aunt's old books... She lived in AZ during the 60's and part of the 70's--I suspect she brought it back to WV from there. Hope it will be of use to you!

Author: Joe Jenkins (Joe)
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 12:39 pm

Hey Wayne,

Thanks for the surprise package in the mail - the compost book. It will make interesting reading.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 1:41 pm

Out in the country side, in Ukraine, I saw a number of these made out of wood--some of them very nasty! What I would have given for a sawdust toilet!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 6:10 pm

The photo is almost identical to the squat toilets I saw in China last year (2006) in virtually every public place (gas stations, public toilets, etc.).

Author: TCLynx (Tclynx)
Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 10:12 am

Heck, when I first started, all I did was buy a $5 toilet seat that I just kinda set on top of the bucket. Not perfect but I worked just fine till I managed to fasten together some scrap bits of wood to make our toilet frame for the seat to attach to and the bucket to sit in.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 5:45 pm

Speaking of 'squat toilets'--here (once again) is a picture of a squat toilet in the NEW train station in Kiev, Ukraine. This was taken in Summer, 2001...

Squat Toilet in Kiev Train Station

Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 11:09 am

Speaking of squat toilets, this message came to me today:

Consider this information regarding squatting in relation to the saw dust toilet, for the larger picture of proper body function to proper body postion for elimination of our resources. See this website for Nature's Platform. http://www.naturesplatform.com/index.html

Author: Himalayan composter
Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 8:15 pm

[No profile available] Edit this post

In our school and organisation's campus in the Indian Himalayas, we have made portapotties to use whenever we have a big function with a lot of extra people. We dig a 3 foot hole near the fruit trees, and put a portable outhouse on top. We keep a shovel with it so people can layer with the soil that came out of the hole in the first place. Tree books say that feeder roots won't go down very deep, so we keep the holes shallow, dig a few at a time, and move the portapotties when one is full. There people like a squat toilet anyway, so the structure is very simple, an iron frame, a scrap wood floor, four posts stuck on the corners of the frame, canvas walls and curtain door. Well lit and ventilated, and portable.

Author: e0richt
Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 4:34 pm

I found a cheap portable toilet that is the same basic design that Joe recomends. A bucket type of container with a snap on seat. Its called the "Reliance Luggable Loo" and for 12.95 a toilet its a very inexpensive way to get started without having to build one yourself.
I found it on the http://www.4outdoorfun.com/portoil.html

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.