Dear Dr. Joe!

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Dear Dr. Joe!
Author: Joe Jenkins (Joe)
Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 2:35 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

The reason we don't want to use distilled wine as a fuel is because it's too valuable as a consumable. That would be kind of like taking a fifth of Crowne Royal and dumping it into the roto-tiller gas tank.

On a larger scale, it may be more practical.

Author: John D. Younkin (Deconstructer)
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 2:05 pm

Mr. Jenkins
This may be off topic but,...
you mentioned that you have a roto tiller for the garden and that your family also makes wine and/or beer. Have you ever considered using ethonal to run your roto tiller? I have read the...
Brown’s Alcohol Motor Fuel Cookbook (1981)
and
How To Build a Junkyard Still (1981)
both by Mike Brown
and have been fasinated that a regular Briggs and Stratton needs only slight carborator ajustment to run on ethonal (200 proof using Kentucy rock stil). I plan to tackle this my self someday.

Author: Steve Spence
Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 10:17 am

Your book is the best I've read in a long time. I read 2-3 books a week on organic gardening, homesteading, solar and other renewable energy, and rain water recovery. I promote, through my newsletters, and newsgroups, as well as through my website, a more sustainable way of life. You are top dog in this category. Congratulations! We support various mission groups and other NGO's working in third world nations with knowledge transfer, material, and helping hands, and this material is invaluable to us. Thank you. I'm in NJ, and would love to stop in and meet you.

Steve Spence
http://www.green-trust.org
sspence@green-trust.org

Author: admin
Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 12:55 pm

[No profile available] Edit this post

I'm in western PA, near Ohio. The phone number on the home page will reach me if you're ever out this way.

Author: Anonymous
Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 9:16 pm

[No profile available] Edit this post

Hey Joe,

What's your college degree in??

and how did you get involved in composting, and slate roofs??

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.