Testing the soil for worms!!!

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Testing the soil for worms!!!
Author: pukha bluhm
Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 4:00 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

so, i just found out that i am host to ascaris lumbrigoides, sometimes known as round worm. i do not know if i ingested the eggs from my garden soil or from a restaurant meal or store bought produce or whatever. now i need to have my soil analyzed to see if that was the source (no point continuously reinfecting my self, or others!). my local extension service was no help. does any one know by whom such a test can be performed?
p.s. i will not, unfortunately, be applying my humanure compost into my gardens.

Author: admin
Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 11:59 pm

[No profile available] Edit this post

Chapter 6, page 146 of the Humanure Handbook , 2nd edition, lists some labs that test compost, such as Woods End (www.woodsend.org). They will test your soil sample, no doubt.

Author: TCLynx
Monday, January 02, 2006 - 1:47 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

IF you can get a good compost going with your humanure, that is actually a better way to protect against reinfecting. Good luck on the testing.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.