Anyone using a thermophillic composti...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Anyone using a thermophillic composting toilet ?
Author: stars
Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 6:40 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

Is anyone using an owner builder toilet where it composts underneath instead of using buckets? I have muscle problems and Im the only one who would probably empty it otherwise.
If anyone has had one going for a few years Id love to know.

Author: Larry Warnberg
Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 7:11 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

A wheelie trash bin equipped with a drain may work with Stars' physical limitations. Several bins may be used in rotation to allow adequate aging. Don't expect thermophillic composting action in such a small pile though.
Another alternative to the bucket system that requires less frequent emptying is a 2'x4'x4' poly cannery tote, equipped with a drain. This bin has a lower profile than a wheelie, and works well in my passive solar outhouse. Photos may be seen at: www.solartoilet.com
Larry
warnberg@pacifier.com

Author: stars
Friday, January 09, 2004 - 1:23 am

I was thinking more a built-onto-the-side-of-the-house double-chambered type set up, I remember one or two references in Humanure.

Author: Anonymous
Monday, January 02, 2006 - 12:49 pm

There are such things. Look around on the board because I think there my even be some pictures.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.