Troubleshooting: Biggest Problem with...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Troubleshooting: Biggest Problem with Composting Toilet?
Author: Herb_Wis
Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 6:40 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

Biggest problem with my composting toilet isn't really with the toilet, but with the maintenance person (me).

For example, today I emptied the bag but it was FAR overdue. It was frozen solid and that was good, but the bag was bulging so much that I had difficulty getting it out of the stone box it sits in and past the hinged lid and the overflowing magazine rack without snagging the bag. Then as I was lugging the heavy load to the compost bin I realized that some fool (me again) had neglected to shovel the snow off the path and I got snow inside my boots.

But the frozen crap sure rolled out of the bag nicely in one big solid lump so all's well that ends well.

So do we have any other problems with the humanure system?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.