Gratitude for fellow Poopheads

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Gratitude for fellow Poopheads
Author: Leslie Reilly
Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 7:46 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Dear Friends,

I've been taking "a ration of shit" from my nearest and dearest for being WEIRD, for getting upset about the BushCo announcement of plans to trash the Padre Island National seashore in order to drill for one days worth of natural gas, and for generally having an alternative world view. When I opened my computer this morning, your conversations were on the screen and I just started reading where I left off. Well, within a minute I was smiling, then gigling, then feeling warm and friendly. I didn't feel like a kicked dog anymore. So my first post here is one of thanks - for the book that changed my life and for the folks who understand me better than my own family.

Twistin' on a rope down in Texas!

Author: S. Infante
Wednesday, December 01, 2004 - 8:04 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

It is amazing what a sense of community we can get from "cyberspace." I have been tempted to post on this forum my dissapointment with our country's direction, but have been waiting for someone else to take the first step. I too am very concerned about what will happen to our beautiful Earth at the hands of money grubbers. As someone who used to live on South Padre Island, the empending disaster to the seashore is real to me.

We have been slowly implementing the ideals and practices of taking better care of our planet. Something I have always strived for, but not always acted on. Now I MUST act on it in all aspects of my life. My kids (9 and 12 y/o boys) are very excited with our new direction. They are anxiously awaiting the saw dust toilet, (coming soon). Every month as our new utility bills have come in, I have shared with them our savings in electricity, gas, and water. It makes them see the true result of turning off the faucet or the light switch or dressing a little warmer to have the thermostat turned down.

What I am trying to say is that with the younger generation of us WEIRDOS (our children) being raised to appreciate and respect and honor Earth, there is hope.

Remember, the WIERD people are the ones who will not realize that if we don't take care of Earth, she will not let us live on her any more. So, you seem pretty NORMAL to me.

Joining hands with my common Earth Avengers!

Shalali

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.