What can I do with my septic tank and...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: What can I do with my septic tank and field
Author: Anonymous
Monday, October 17, 2005 - 12:04 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

I bought a new house lot with new septic tank & system but want to use the composting system.
do's anyone have any suggestions on what to do
with the old tank?
Iam going to use the system as a grey water system but have no clue what to do with the tank
it is not buried yet.

Author: admin
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 11:11 am

[No profile available] Edit this post

Your local regulations may require that you install the tank.

Author: Larry
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 9:33 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Anon's question is a bit confusing to me. It sounds like a new septic system was installed to replace the old, with the old tank on the ground awaiting its fate. In any case, I wouldn't recommend using the old tank to store greywater. Scum, odors, and potentially unhealthy conditions will result. Greywater should go directly to the sub-surface irrigation dispersal sytem. For more info, check out: www.greywater.net
The tank may have other uses: a rain collector near a downspout, fishpond (partially buried), turned on its side for firewood storage, etc.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.