Enviromental disater- an ongoing problem

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Enviromental disater- an ongoing problem
Author: stephenbrand
Friday, July 07, 2006 - 4:25 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

joe, thank you for responding. wow! the mongolia project looks like its working great. do you plan on going to other countries and continuing the work? if so do you need any help? my fiancee and i would love to help in any way we can. i've turned on about 30 people in the surrounding area to sawdust toilets and composting. i have a couple of sawmills helping out also. i'm trying to get UNCW to launch a pilot program for testing and research but as of yet they dont want to step in anything too smelly. the city officals wont even return a phone call. 5 million gallons flooded the cape fear over 3 days and no one wants to try a viable solution. we are gearing up for hurricane season and expect more sewage pollution before the year is out. what a mess. thank you for the handbook.

Author: Joe Jenkins
Friday, July 07, 2006 - 1:00 pm

[No profile available] Edit this post

Did you have a look at the Mongolia Project?

http://www.joseph-jenkins.com/mongolia.html

It's a government supported effort to establish humanure toilets and backyard composting in urban areas.

Joe Jenkins

Author: stephenbrand
Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 4:43 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

hi. my name is stephen brand. i live in wilmington nc, a town known for its sewage breaks flooding the cape fear river and out into the ocean. yeah. last july a couple million gallons flooded the hewlett river locally and this july 4th we had a bust that is actually still dumping sewage into the cape fear because they (the city) doesnt have the correct items to stop the flow. over 2 million gallons have flooded the cape fear. go to starnewsonline.com to see an update. i've been composting my renewable resource for over two years inside city limits without incident. i'm wanting to go big with the thoughts of a municipal composting project for the city. i am a returned peace corps volunteer where i spent time in suriname, sa. the humanure handbook was required reading and it has changed my life, my attitude, and the way i think. the city infostructure cannot support a humanure paradigm but this place is growing everyday. i want to get started somehow. i have some ideas but i would like some others input.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.