QUEENSLAND

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: QUEENSLAND
Author: Tassiejohn (Tassiejohn)
Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 6:58 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Hi Donna, how is the composting going? Have you harvested any compost yet? I'm in Tassie, borrowed the book from a friend and we've been using the sawdust toilet for about 6 months here now. We're a young family of 4 on a 1/4 acre suburban block and it seems to be going really well - as in we keep adding to the pile and it keeps going down. We have a vegie garden and around 16 fruit trees (with more going in) so I'm really looking forward using the compost in the future, just trying to work out how I can get hold of more 'resource' so I can make more compost!

Author: Donna McGaw (Donna42)
Monday, December 11, 2006 - 4:16 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

We have moved to the country and I did a lot of research before I decided on the best disposal of 'waste'. I completely read the Humanure book from front to back, and then put it into action. I have been using this system now for 6 months, and I love it, and so do the boys. We have not had an odour problem, and my husband built such a large outhouse that we also use it for storage. I would love to hear from other australians to see how they have gone with composting. I look forward to seeing how it has composted after the first 12 months.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.