TANZANIA

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: TANZANIA
Author: Alan J Marshall (Ecointerest)
Friday, April 11, 2008 - 1:22 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Nice one Joe. I spent two years in Mwanza, Tanzania, back in the mid-seventies, and that is where my interest in "alternative," (read "appropriate") technology began. This is a country where western interests, commercial and political, have produced havoc with local ecosystems, and hopefully efficiently working Humanure toilets will play a small but significant part in rectifying that situation.

Author: Joe Jenkins (Joe)
Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 10:20 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Via email from Australia:

I'm attaching a picture of a young artist next to a mural he painted on a new waterless compost toilet in Musoma, Tanzania, where I spent February this year. Thought it might interest you. The mural includes info about the toilet written in Swahili.

Tanzania waterless toilet

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.