Composting toilet for wilderness school

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Composting toilet for wilderness school
Author: Nathaniel Spohn (Nspohn)
Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 2:39 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Hi, thanks for the advise. I think if I had larger receptacles like you said the people who run the program would be OK with it. I can't make the investment of time and money to go with your solar toilet. I'm looking for a fairly simple solution. I'll look through the hand book and see if I can find anything.
thanks again

Author: Larry Warnberg (Larry_warnberg)
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 10:00 am

[No profile available] Edit this post

Why the opposition to emptying buckets? If there is a convenient set-up as described in The Humanure Handbook emptying buckets is not a big deal.
There are several designs with larger receptacles such as wheelie bins, cannery totes, or double vault containers built from concrete blocks. One example is my design for a passive solar composting privy: www.solartoilet.com
Good luck with your project.

Author: Nathaniel Spohn (Nspohn)
Monday, April 28, 2008 - 2:16 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Hello composting experts,
I am new to the world of composting toilets and am seeking advice in building or buying my fist one. I have a yurt which is soon to be an outdoor education center, and is in need of toilet. The capacity will be 12 people for 3 hours two times a week. My plan so far is to build an out house style building and put a composting toilet inside. The couple running the education program does not want a high maintenance facility (they weren’t interested in emptying buckets unless only once every couple months). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks Nathaniel

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.