Modifying Clivus Multrum for thermoph...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Modifying Clivus Multrum for thermophilic composting
Author: Dane
Monday, July 16, 2001 - 6:32 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Hello!
[this is reposted from the Humanure Forum on Weblife.org] We have been using a Clivus Multrum with good success for several years. After reading Jenkins book on Humanure, am preparing to modify the CMs use to be more thermophilic, as it is a moldering type. With a very large chamber for only two adult users, this seems resonable. This process is to be documented in a research project I am doing at the university. As I would like to get as much input from experienced users/owners as possible, please feel free to also contact me at the following address with any suggestions, warnings, photos, experiences you wish to share: dblumtha@ccet.ua.edu.
You can also snail mail to PO Box 76, Samantha, AL, 35482. Thanks for any information.

Life is Short, Ride Hard
DCB

Author: Peter
Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 8:59 pm

You will have to be aware that the enclosed enviroment of the clivus multrem design makes for a damp sweaty box hardly condusive to heat. I have had better success carrying the urine chamber away from the pile reducing evaporation. Also be advised there was a time when the clivus had a fire suppression unit under your ass, I would rather not live through that experience.

Author: eltahir malik
Monday, September 26, 2005 - 3:30 am

sir,
i would like to know the worms name that eat humanure.
regards.
eltahir

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.