Easy bucket cleaning

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Easy bucket cleaning
Author: Joe Jenkins (Joe)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 4:15 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Great idea.

Author: RCM (Seventhson)
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 11:29 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

I stumbled on a great way to rinse the buckets during cleaning. I use a small 1/2 gal garden sprayer (never had any chemicals in it) with an adjustable nozzle filled with plain water. Pumped up to max pressure it's like a miniature power washer, great for removing any sticky deposits from the sides of the bucket prior to using the brush. Doing 3 buckets with a rinse, wash and 2nd rinse including rinsing off the brush I still have about 1/4 tank of water left in the little hand held sprayer. Less than a half gallon of water for all that is a pretty efficient use of water not to mention easy and very effective.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.