Ecolette's projects in FRANCE and ARG...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Ecolette's projects in FRANCE and ARGENTINA
Author: Night_rainbow (Night_rainbow)
Monday, January 04, 2010 - 2:56 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

hi there all
looks like ecolette is transforming into a workers cooperative as well as an NGO to spread TLB's around the world (in french TLB is toilettes a litier biometrise)

we will be in morocco in the month of march
we have been invited to do toilet's for the international nomadic festival in the north of the sahara... witch is going to be quite a chalenge as far as composting goes as it has not rained there in 4 years there is hardly and dry vegetable matter and its so dry........
a majour question i am asking is
*How to keep the compost from drying out...???

please do post about your experiences

i got to run

back soon and a very happy compost year to all

mark

Author: Joe (Joe)
Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 4:46 pm

Thanks for the post. Great web site and some good photos on there. We are working on similar projects here in the U.S. although we have larger hurdles with stringent regulation and the government fixation on human excrement as a "waste material that must be disposed of." Please do post photos when you get the time, and keep up the good work!

Author: Night_rainbow (Night_rainbow)
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 8:55 am

Aloha and Hola to all here on the humanure electronic book.
I am called Mark and since fist writing here about 2 years ago have started up a business here in the south of France called Ecolette
(Fabrication, location and sales of toilettes à compost)
You can see our site here: http//:www.ecolette.net

We mostly do rentals during the season witch runs from March till October... The rental sides of the buisness helps to pay for the other activitys witch include setting up projects around the world as well as here in France.
I have recently returned after a 6 week visit to Argentina where I was involved in setting up some pilot compost toilet projects with local government as well as private and community.
Even though my Spanish is not so good yet I was able to do talks in different communities, I then found a good translator to do a radio interview and on the last day of my visit a documentary on the TLB.
The TLB is the same as (BLT) the biolitter toilet in English.
While I was there we where able to construct the first festivals models and form a team that is hiring them out at this very moment...
One of the reasons for building the festival models was to participate in an international festival where the local council provided us with a light truck and driver for the whole week of events. The people of Argentina are so warm and open, most I met understood strait away the necessarily to rebuild the biomass and to keep water for drinking. There was much interest in the toilets and I have been invited to start similar projects in at least 5 other countries.

A bit of good news:
Here in France we already had a list of associations and businesses who rent and build TLB’s that was unofficially called Intestinal.
Since this last weekend we have met and decided to federate our action and have formed the R.A.E. (Réseau de Assainissement Ecologique)
After many years of building, selling, renting and using TLB’s the government has just brought out a new law that recognises the compost toilet.... THIS IS GOOD NEWS....

OK I’ll cut short:

Here at Ecolette we are open to visitors; we are starting to do workshops and training courses.

We will be starting up a composting centre locally and in Argentina and we are looking for heart motivated people who carry no fear and enjoy life with no addictions..

So until then, much love to us all
Mark d’Ecolette

p.s. : I will put up some photos when I get it sussed

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.