KENYA, AFRICA

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: KENYA, AFRICA
Author: Joe (Joe)
Friday, December 04, 2009 - 4:26 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Via email, 12/4/09:

Dear Joseph,

Firstly, may I congratulate you on the exceptional Humanure Handbook.

I am a conceptual designer that works for a company that is building an exclusive Safari Lodge over-looking the Masai Mara Reserve in Kenya, Africa. During my research into all the systems etc for the Lodge, I came across your book... Inspirational is the only word that springs to mind. Your Humanure Handbook has become the manual for the entire 'resource' management systems that will be put in place at our 40 bed ECO lodge. A staff of approx 100 people will be using the methods set down by you and approx 1.2 million litres of water saved per year. The commonsense that comes across in the book has won over, hardcore architects and engineers that I have presented them to. And believe me, it wasn't easy to get these guys to entertain anything that wasn't septic tank based.

Kenya is a tough gig when it comes to Green/ECO projects, the government has a department of the environment (NEMA) that is very difficult to get permissions from. Your composting systems have in part allowed us, within our proposals to them, to get the permissions required.

The lodge is called 'Mara Engai Wilderness Lodge' (means: Land that God created). In time I will document the building and use of the Humanure systems and if you wish, keep you informed of it's progress.

Again, thanks a million for writing the book, it's made all the difference to me and I'm sure to many others in the years to come in the Masai Mara.

Kind Regards

David Fowler
(Mara Engai Wilderness Lodge)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.