Humanure in a motorbike?

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Humanure in a motorbike?
Author: Wanderingfootsteps (Wanderingfootsteps)
Monday, April 24, 2017 - 5:08 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

We are also full-time RVs, just built a urine-diverting dry toilet into our rig. REALLY want to find some way to turn our solids into humanure. Anyone tried creating a small composting system on their RV? Or is there some sort of database out there for drop-off points around the world (or at least North America) for dried out human solids?

Author: Jay_bazuzi (Jay_bazuzi)
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 9:30 pm

Here's my humanure toilet in my RV: http://goo.gl/Lb0jE

There's no room to store extra empty and full buckets in the bathroom, so they go in the basement (for short trips) or outdoors (when parked at home). For long trips, I swap back in the flush toilet.

Author: Joe (Joe)
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 1:08 pm

You could use a humanure toilet and dump the contents into plastic garbage can - wheelie bin type - with a lid. It will hold quite a lot. Then, when you get to a place where there is a compost pile, you can empty the wheelie bin. It will be even easier if the bin has a compostable plastic bag liner.

Author: Knothead (Knothead)
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 10:09 am

I use mine on my 27' boat with no difficulty. In fact, it's a lot better than the traditional MSD for lots of reasons.
It seems to me that if you have a home base with a compost pile that using one on an RV would be just as easy or easier with all the same advantages.

Author: Ppillard (Ppillard)
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 - 11:01 pm

Saw after i posted this that my iphone auto-corrected motor HOME to motor BIKE. Blast!

Do we have any full-time rv'ers that have implemented a sawdust toilet complete with composting bins in the storage area? My wife and I are considering this option for the bus we are converting to our sustainable motorhomestead.

If anyone has done this, I would love to see your designs. Thanks.

(Message edited by ppillard on March 22, 2011)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.