Humanure Vermicompost

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Humanure Vermicompost
Author: Ecointerest (Ecointerest)
Monday, December 15, 2014 - 1:07 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Inbal, welcome to this forum.
I cannot see any problem with that. Composting worms do a great job of breaking down all that humanure into a fine humus. To be certain of a safe compost at the end of it you need, in my opinion, a full 12 months in the right conditions.
Do you have an area for storage over that length of time? Presumably you will not aim at having one big heap for composting, so in a later post I can give you a description of my "bin" system, if you are interested.
Have read the Humanure Handbook thoroughly? Get to know it well, you will find most aspects of the process explained fully there. The compost heap and thermophilic temperatures are key to the Humanure process. My bin system does not follow that exactly, compost remaining relatively cool the whole time.

Author: Inbal (Inbal)
Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 9:30 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

Hello all. I'm looking for information about the use of vermicompost to process humanure. Since I'm renting a flat in a very urban area, vermicompost is the only option I have right now and I'd really like to start composting my humanure. Is that possible? Could it be dangerous?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.