Moving compost piles

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Moving compost piles
Author: quinn
Monday, November 25, 2002 - 10:06 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

we will be setting up humanure composting at a rental house that we may only live in for six months, or so. when we move, how can we transport the compost without disturbing the process? is it even worth starting at this location?

Author: admin
Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 3:22 pm

I knew a lady in the exact same situation. She left the compost behind when she moved and the new tenants eventually spread it over their lawn and planted grass on it.

I once moved a compost pile when I moved from one location to another, in the back of a pick-up truck. It was not humanure compost, however.

Author: rt
Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 11:32 pm

well,
Unfortunately, my job situation has changed and forced me to temporarily move to Va. (I live in southern NJ currently). I am going to rent my house in NJ and rent a place down here. I guess there is really no way to really encourage my tenants to add to the compost pile (not sure if I can bring it up without getting the neighbors involved and possibly dealing with bureaucrats later...) and I don't think my new landlord would be too thrilled with my contributions to their compost pile. It pisses me off because, I just started composting and I was truly amazed that it worked. I would have liked to finish it. I am hoping that in a year I can get back up there and continue in the next part of the bin.

rt

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.