Obtaining 5-gallon buckets with covers

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Obtaining 5-gallon buckets with covers
Author: Chemo (Chemo)
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 1:49 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

I recommend going to Asian restaurants. I used 5 gallon and 4 gallon buckets all the time for my alternative fuel hobby. Ginger and soy sauce come in 5 gallon buckets with lids. These buckets are frequently tossed into the dumpster behind the restaurants. Happy dumpster diving!

Author: Joe Jenkins (Joe)
Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 2:45 pm

We sell the buckets with the "Loveable Loos" (http://www.jenkinspublishing.com/loveable_loo.html) and could sell just the buckets if someone wanted them in quantity lots that would justify the shipping costs.

Author: TCLynx (Tclynx)
Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 9:29 am

I believe lowes and home depot also sell lids for 5 gallon buckets separately from the 5 gallon buckets.
Many grocery stores and restraunts get things in 5 gallon buckets with lids and you might be able to get some buckets from them. We actually have quite a few buckets but only 3 lids, we make due. So long as the bucket has good cover, the lid is not entirely necessary. If you were to go empty in the compost bin whenever a bucket was full, you don't need a lid at all.

Author: Dan Sullivan (Danl)
Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 9:51 pm

[No profile available] Edit this post

I work in a farm / ranch store in Western US. We sell 5 gal. buckets with lids for about $5.99. They are the commercial kind that don't seem to wear out. If I may plug my employer, go to calranch.com.

Author: Michael Pfalzer
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 12:52 pm

I don't know where to obtain these buckets WITH COVERS easily. I do live in a major city. At the Home Depot or Lowes stores, they sell these buckets, but without covers. They also sell paint and other materials in these buckets with covers, but it seems too crazy to buy this poisonous paint just for the bucket with covers. There must be a better way. Any ideas?

Author: south_nj
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 2:26 pm

well, I purchased a couple of "luggable loo"'s which is basically a bucket with a plastic toilet seat and the toilet seat is also a lid for the bucket... they seem to also fit a normal bucket that I bought from home depot...

Author: south_nj
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 2:32 pm

It appears that amazon sells them for 12.97 each not including shipping...

Author: daron
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 2:51 pm

we have gotten the at home depot and walmart in the paint area, you may have to ask for the lids

Author: S. Infante
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 4:46 pm

I got mine from a bakery for $1.00 per bucket with a lid, but no bales. Call your local bakeries and/or donut shops. They have round and square. I got round for my waterless toilet and square for my indoor tomato plants

Author: Kev Man
Friday, June 24, 2005 - 4:12 pm

If you have any friens in the food service industry, you can as them for the buckets things like pickles or soap come in. Many scoopable kitty liters also come in not quite 5 gallon buckets, but they do have lids.

Author: TCLynx
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 7:50 pm

Companies that are in construction and painting will likely have extra buckets from paint and drywall compound.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.