Cockroaches in compost, ack!

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Cockroaches in compost, ack!
Author: TCLynx (Tclynx)
Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 3:32 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Hum, Keeping them out of the house is good but living here in FL, there is no good way to keep roaches out of the great outdoors. They seem to like fallen leaves.
Good luck.

Author: Jaime Cobb (Jaime88)
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 4:01 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Hi all. I've been using a sawdust toilet and composting system for about 4 years. My compost is an amazing collection of micro and macro biota.

Here's my concern. Cockroaches started showing up in the compost pile, and later in the house. I've used boric acid to keep them out of the house - dusting any point of entry that I could find. Does anyone have any experience in getting rid of cockroaches in the compost? I don't want them there, nor do I want them invading my neighbor's homes. OTOH, they probably came from a neighbor's home, but that's not the point.

Suggestions?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.