Treebog or general compost and how Do...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Treebog or general compost and how Do I keep it alive?
Author: TCLynx (Tclynx)
Friday, September 07, 2007 - 8:59 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Sarah,
It should be just fine using a compost pile. Sounds like you won't be there enough to fill it up very quickly but that is ok so long as you are not too eager to get at the finished compost.

Author: John Smith (John)
Friday, September 07, 2007 - 11:01 am

[No profile available] Edit this post

Treebog = tree toilet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_bog

Author: Joe Jenkins (Joe)
Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 11:07 am

What's a treebog?

Author: sarah Torrens (Smonfor)
Friday, August 31, 2007 - 12:13 am

We live in an Apartment building in Kiev, Ukraine. We purchased some property outside the city and there is no sewer – so i've been looking into making a composting/ sawdust toilet. Most of the country neighbors have horrendous looking messy places and they just dump the buckets out in the woods. I want to do it right – the problem is that we won’t be living at the property – only visiting it on weekends at most as we don’t have a car and would have to take an hour bus ride whenever we go. There may be stretches when we would be there even less.

Obviously, our outhouse won’t get heavy use. How can we keep the compost alive? Can we use a single compost/storage model that takes compost from the bottom of the pile or would we still need to create a Dual heap structure?
I've also run across inofrmation on treebogs - would this be an option or does the compost still need to be active?

Thanks for the help.

-Sarah

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.