3 Cats - How Manure? - outdoor / indo...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: 3 Cats - How Manure? - outdoor / indoor ?
Author: TCLynx (Tclynx)
Friday, February 01, 2008 - 8:02 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

the cedar chips will compost eventually but you might want to look into using one of the sawdust products or perhaps even try the sawdust pellets that people use in wood stoves.

It is possible to compost in a plastic bin but I don't recommend it if you have any other options.

I have even heard of some one composting in a big trash can indoors but they never came back to the board to tell how the aging went.

Even though it is cold out, I would still put the compost pile outside. Lugging it up from the basement might be a lot of work.

Author: Joe Jenkins (Joe)
Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 12:24 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Try searching this message board using "pet" "cat" "dog" or other key words to see what has already been written about your topic. The search button is at the bottom.

Author: Ours Polaire (Ours_polaire)
Friday, January 04, 2008 - 6:36 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Hi,;-)

I live near Montreal in Canada. It is frozen almost 5 months a year. I have a little backyard and a heated basement. I have some experience with composting and vermicomposting.

I would like to compost the feces and urine of my 3 cats first, and humanure for later. I just read your book and I refer to it often. I just realize that I did a mistake: I use cedar chips for the litter of the cats and composting will be too long to achieve.

1) How should I proceed to have a success and avoid big mistakes?
2) Is it possible to compost manure in a plastic bin indoor during winter?
3) Did someone try vermicomposting to compost manure?

Happy new year,

Ours Polaire
Montreal, Canada.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.