Meet Tommy!

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Meet Tommy!
Author: Burra (Burra)
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 3:03 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

No, I'm afraid he's made of plastic and came from a Chinese shop. I saw him there and remembered the chapter in the Humanure book about a day in the life of tommy the turd and pet turds and figured I just had to have one. He had a squeaky thing inside him and was designed as a dog chew, but he's much happier being a cover for the turdometer.

My heap seems to stay fairly constant at 60 degrees Celsius in the middle, 45 at the edges. On filling day, the temperature drops to 45 in the middle just after adding the new batch, rises to 55 by evening and is back up to 60+ by the next morning.

Tommy seems to approve - he's constantly smiling. But maybe that's because he's happy doing (being?) a useful job rather than being eaten alive by a dog...

Author: Joe Jenkins (Joe)
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 7:55 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

I hope he didn't come out of your butt.

Author: Burra (Burra)
Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 3:26 pm

[No profile available] Edit this post

Guess who I found on the compost heap this morning???

tommy

I can't tell if he's smiling or if he looks like he's got a red hot poker shoved up his butt.

Ah, this might explain it!

turdometer

He's a thermophilic turdometer!

I'm smiling seeing that temperature, too...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.