Shorten the composting time using mac...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Shorten the composting time using machinery, is it possible???
Author: Ecointerest (Ecointerest)
Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 3:41 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Notig, here is a website which I spotted some time ago. It looks interesting, but I am not "plugging" it in any way. Just for information. It would be primarily for food/green waste composting but maybe one dedicated to co-composting humanure, i.e., the food/green/humanure mixture, could be set up.
http://www.jetcompost.com/

Author: Notig (Notig)
Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 12:44 am

[No profile available] Edit this post

I am sure there are other more informed answers... but in a way anyone that uses sawdust for instance is taking advantage of machinery in the speeding up of composting time. By chopping the wood so finely you make it compost faster.. without machinery that would not be as easy as far as I know..... Also leaf shredders shred leaves and so they compost faster so I think machinery can quicken the composting time in that respect

Author: Kokiincubus (Kokiincubus)
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 2:32 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Hi, I am a college student from Peru, and I'm doing a research about the composting procedures using humanure as the main component.
I would appreciatte if answer this question for me:

Is there a way to shorten the composting time process using machinery?

My research is about the production of compost in a industrial scale.

I'll be looking foward for your answer, thank you

Jose Tairaku

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.