Compostin in the buckets

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Compostin in the buckets
Author: Lilithe (Lilithe)
Monday, November 09, 2009 - 10:49 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

Hello all! Wonderful reading on this forum!

I know this subject has already been discussed, but the thread ran out some time ago, and I am trying to find out info about just letting the buckets sit after they are full.

At the impressionable age of 15, I was fortunate to have a biology teacher who showed us a series of films called "The Search for Solutions", with music by Pat Methany. There was a story about a man who lived in NY (?) in a rooftop apartment, so had no place to set up a compost pile. He had his buckets, filled them up, then would let them sit. I was hooked back then, and am finally ready to do my part in keeping our water clean. Does anybody have any info on this method? Do I have to avoid urine or water in the bucket? (Due to health issues, I must do enemas regularly) How long does it take to compost? Etc... I have searched all over, and have even tried to find a copy of the video, with no success. Any info to lead me in the right dirrection would be great. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.