A compost pile made for two....

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: A compost pile made for two....
Author: Catherine777 (Catherine777)
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 3:27 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Danilo, thank you very much for your reply. That sounds great :-).

best regards, Catherine

Author: Danilo (Danilo)
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 2:25 pm

I have compost bin around 4ftx4ftx4ft just for 2 adult. Also we have vegetable and fruit garden and eat a lot fruit & vegetable.

This size is good for two and for occasional visitors. I empty receptacle every 14 days, so there are at least 4 receptacle or more.
And work just fine, no problem.

Author: Catherine777 (Catherine777)
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 8:53 am

Hi,

I'm new here. Firstly, hurray for The Humanure Handbook and all the info and community here :-).

I have a quick question ~ I'm going to be building compost bins for a family of two (1xadult 1 x7yr old).

5ftx5ft seems a bit much, though we have veg beds and grass clippings and are raw vegan with lots of fruit & veg peel etc to add.

So...I am thinking of making the containers around 4ftx4ftx4ft. Does that sound about right? Anyone else got a system going for just 2?

We have space for 5x5ft but 4x4ft would also fit in better. It's going in the front garden, lol.

Thanks for any input!

Catherine

(Message edited by Catherine777 on April 20, 2010)

(Message edited by Catherine777 on April 20, 2010)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.