Extra heating of compost?

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Extra heating of compost?
Author: Rowan (Rowan)
Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 3:01 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

I would think the cooking refers to the activity of the bacteria in the compost which creates heat. I fear that cooking your humanure on a fire is gonna result in something really really really gross. The heat you get with normal composting is actually only a symptom of the composting process, that way you know the process is going well, it is not something to strive for in itself.
Marc

Author: Ohiogoatgirl (Ohiogoatgirl)
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 8:38 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

i read somewhere that instead of composting you could "cook" it. i dont remember the source. i think it was something like a barrel of humanure with a fire built around it. it was really basic seeming. anyone heard of something like this? would you reccomend it?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.