How do you tell if your moisture leve...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: How do you tell if your moisture level is adequate?
Author: Test2 (Test2)
Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 10:05 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

No need to smoke Cannabis for medicinal purposes. For many conditions tinctures, oils, eye drops, vapor, body rubs, ingestion and suppository are viable options. An oft sited critique of smoking Cannabis is the smoke contains carcinagins. However studies are now showing Cannabis smokers have lower cancer rates than non-smokers ! There are cancer inhibiting compounds in cannabis smoke. Tobbaco smoke contains carcinagins without such a safety net.

Sorry for straying a bit off composting topic a little.

Author: Md_heath (Md_heath)
Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 11:32 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

but, to return to the initial question of Dsenior, 60% moisture is like a wrung-out, damp sponge. if a hand full of the material 'weeps' when you squeeze it in your hand, it is too wet. and, i feel your pain. too bad you invested in the SunMar. you could have the 'sexiest' bucket composting toilet in the state for far, far less money, and ended up with a much more reliable system, overall...

Author: Md_heath (Md_heath)
Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 11:27 pm

and, the 'smoking' plant is not the same as the agricultural food and fiber plant. in fact, if you plant them both, they will cross-pollinate and you will end up with fiber and food and nothing to smoke. all the prohibitions based on 'drug abuse' issues are false. it may well be that the agri-businesses fear such a great crop... and all this is irrespective of the benefits of the 'drug' plant. my point is, why prohibit the food and fiber plant, which cannot be smoked, under the false premise of drugs abuse? follow the money...

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 4:19 pm

Hemp seed is great food and can also provide oil.

NO GOVERNMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO WAGE A WAR OF EXTINCTION ON A PLANT, particularly on Cannabis that has so much to offer. THE USA GOVERNMENT IS IMPRISONING PEOPLE WHO USE CANNABIS FOR MEDICINE AND WHO DO NOT SELL IT. A VICTIMLESS "CRIME" that imprisons innocent people and costs tax payers billions of dollars.

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 4:14 pm

Yet another reason to let farmers grow Cannabis (Hemp). Hemp also may be used as an insecticide for flour storage. The Chinese considered it to be the best green manure crop for rice and one of the most important medicines. Makes great paper, fuel, ... and grows like a weed. Need I go on.

Cannabis is wonderful medicine despite the DEA self aggrandizing war on drugs propaganda say.

Author: Dsenior (Dsenior)
Monday, January 31, 2011 - 4:10 pm

Hi -- I'm brand new to composting, but we've just moved to an off-grid home in the desert SW and installed a SunMar composting toilet. I keep reading about how the moisture level needs to be 45%-70%, but nothing about how to determine what the level actually is. We're using SunMar's CompostSure as our organic add, which is a mix of hemp stalk and peat moss. The challenge is that it doesn't seem to abosorb moisture quickly, and most of the urine seems to run through to the evaporation tray below.

Any thoughts on the best way to keep the material in the toilet moist?

And how do I tell whether the moisture level is too high, too low or just right?

Thanks!

Diane

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.