Composting our final human waste

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Composting our final human waste
Author: Joe (Joe)
Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 12:13 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Do-It-Yourself/Natural-Burial-Build-Coffin.aspx

Large animal mortalities can be composted. The bones do not compost however. May be just as well to do a natural burial and let the decomposition occur underground.

Author: Jeffm (Jeffm)
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 2:05 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

The December 2011/January 2012 MotherEarth News has story of a family that privately buried a loved one on their property. It got me thinking is there any reason (other than many legal ones of course) why human remains could not be composted just as we humanurers compost what comes out of the human bodies when they are alive, following the same principles as we do with humanure.

I hope to be composting my own bodily wastes for the next 40 years, seems crazy that once I am done with my body that it will be pumped full of toxins so it wont decay then buried below most plants root zones.

Would nt it be nice if our bodies could be composted the compost used to fertilize a memorial garden. Think of how much less real estate would be taken up with the dead, and all the tons of CO2 avoided by not cremating the dead.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.