Sawdust Usage

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Sawdust Usage
Author: 3redgeraniums (3redgeraniums)
Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 5:47 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Joe, We have a fire ant problem in Texas. If I dump the sawdust on the ground, how do I prevent fire ants from moving into the pile?

Is there anyone in Texas around the Dallas, Fort Worth area using humanure composting, who would be willing for me to visit and observe their setup?

Thanks

Author: Ninibio (Ninibio)
Monday, November 26, 2012 - 10:52 am

Hello to all of you, avid composters, i already feel like home...Special hello to Joe, "the shit disturber" Jenkins. I found your book at our "little" but so precious library and i am so excited! So yesterday i install a system in our bathroom for peeing in a bucket, With all my blessings(other than to be very regular) we live in a rural environment and do and use firewood, so the wood chips we're crying to me in the yard...I asked my partner (again)to pee in the bucket, no problem for now...I say "again" because i ususally ask him to pee on my compost, he is already aware of my compost obsessions...So i went and rake three garbage bags of sawdust yesterday for our peeing project, we have to start somewhere...It must be a challenge in cities, as a ancient member of a city, i used to freeze my veggies "refuses" to bring it in to a friendly neighbours compost pile, i can just imagine the humanure challenge, anyway don't give up, we are coming soon...The future lays not just eggs in the poop but also incredible opportunity in a daily "take for granted" activity. Thank you so much Joe!

Author: Joe (Joe)
Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 11:26 am

For every 5-gallon container of humanure we take to the compost pile, we bring in maybe a 4 gallon container of sawdust.

Author: Viviandidi (Viviandidi)
Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 4:02 am

Does anyone know how much (volume) sawdust should be used to treat with 1 liter of human waste?

Thank you!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.