Transportation of compostables

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Transportation of compostables
Author: Rman (Rman)
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 1:54 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Clarification, pail contents being transported to an off site compost area. I am guessing that there is a volume limit to what can be transported by a non specific vehicle, say a travel trailer, compared to a septic pumping truck.

Author: Ecointerest (Ecointerest)
Monday, July 21, 2014 - 6:38 pm

With a septic tank output there might be distance issues, and the council would be concerned about any contamination going across the boundary between yourself and the neighbours.

However, with a Humanure composting toilet, properly setup compost heap as described in the Handbook, --- no contamination possible, no smell, no flies .... Period.

Author: Rman (Rman)
Monday, July 21, 2014 - 2:27 pm

Has anyone had an encounter with an authority about transporting compostable material to another site? I am composting on my rural property until I get the hang of it and get set up properly at home. Like many people I have neighbours and potential distance issues so I opted to start elsewhere.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.