Vermicomposting effectiveness on huma...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Vermicomposting effectiveness on human parasites?
Author: Ecointerest (Ecointerest)
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 3:33 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Correct, Dave, Ringworm is a fungal skin infection.

Thermophilic composting, which must occur before vermiculture, is the only sure way of destroying round worm eggs.

As I understand it, if there are any persons within a house hold who are infested with round worms, contagion is as likely to be via hand contact with the water taps and flush handle more than anything else. Consequentially, the dry, "no splash back" nature of the Humanure toilet is a very effective method of preventing those eggs being passed from one person to the next.

Author: Sandpointdave (Sandpointdave)
Monday, September 22, 2014 - 4:50 pm

Uh, correcting this post, I meant round worm. I'm not sure ring worm is really a worm at all :-).

Author: Sandpointdave (Sandpointdave)
Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 4:03 am

Greetings-
I have searched high and low and cannot find any information about how well vermicomposting (earthworms) in a barrel eliminates human parasites like ring worms and such. Anyone have any information about it please?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.