New compost pile

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: New compost pile
Author: Rman (Rman)
Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 10:25 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

I suppose the religious conversion comparison fits but I think of it as more like quitting smoking. I have to work at not finding fault with people who, when shown an alternative and have the benefits listed don't seem overly interested. Not a problem when I am just talking to people but I found myself being somewhat critical on a forum when people were choosing slightly greener, easier systems and asking advice. Positive reinforcement, small steps, and we all benefit.

Author: Ecointerest (Ecointerest)
Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 9:29 pm

Glad to know you are hooked on this system, Rman.
It's almost like a religious conversion, eh? But in this case it's fitting in with natural processes and allowing them to help us instead of us working against them.
I had been hoping to do a little bit of encouragement here in the Philippines, but my hosts (beautiful, down-to-earth people) and their neighbours, have the luxury of hand-pumped, deep well water, that seems to be inexhaustible. So there is little incentive. I have to accept that for the time being and just concentrate on my interest with the growing of Azolla....using grey water and locally available nutrients.
(Btw, I am well to the north of where Typhoon Ruby is tracking across the country.)

Author: Rman (Rman)
Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 9:54 am

Started my new compost pile at my house yesterday. I have only been using the old one for 4 months but it was at our rural property. Now that the system has proven itself to be more or less odour free I started a new one at the house for convenience. My house lot is only 35 ft wide so I did need to know conclusively how much odour was involved before putting this near my neighbours.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.