Finding sawdust

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: General Composting Issues: Finding sawdust
Author: Rman (Rman)
Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 4:21 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Two of the few urban sources that come to mind are shredded leaves and coffee grounds. I have no experience with either but I am going to try leaves in the fall. Sawdust is almost always considered a waste product by anyone but a large producer so try any firewood processor locations or even yards that process firewood by hand. Also check for advertisements for mobile custom bandsawing companies as a potential source. If you have any farmer/chicken owner friends try to get used feed bags to give to potential donors for smaller amounts. It is a very handy way to get, store and move cover material.

Author: Halipoo (Halipoo)
Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 11:28 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

The local lumber mill started burning all their sawdust for electricity generation :-( and no longer sells it. The moulding shop also stopped giving me sawdust (maybe they got wise to what I was doing with it). Does anyone have any ideas for getting carbon medium in the Halifax area? The cheaper the better.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.