Wastewater/Sewage Leaks spill into la...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Global Warming and Other Environmental Threats: Wastewater/Sewage Leaks spill into lakes and oceans
Author: linda
Friday, March 31, 2006 - 9:54 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

In yesterday's news i read two stories about sewage pipeline leaks that have spilled major contaminants into Lake Michigan and the Pacific Ocean near the Hawaiian island of Waikiki.

Author: Anonymous
Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 8:45 am

[No profile available] Edit this post

My Mom is the emergency preparedness leader in her community. They are the locals who work with the Fed's when disasters happen, they are funded under Homeland Security now.
The official "Plan" of the US Government to deal with sewage during an emergency is to discharge it untreated and say nothing.
I was shocked to discover that EVERY time the power goes out they dump raw untreated sewage into the only source of water for the city durning an emergency.
The power goes out on a regular basis.

Author: TCLynx
Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:59 am

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

I wonder what would happen if that became widely known?

Buckets anyone?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.