Country scale humanure

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Research: Country scale humanure
Author: Kerry765 (Kerry765)
Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 8:59 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

This is very interesting paper which will help to produce best outputs in production.Agriculture and organic formation helps to produce more benefits.I have checked reviwes about this on this link www.australianwritings.com review where I found guide on this.

Author: Md_heath (Md_heath)
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 11:13 am

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Craig, A very interesting paper. Thanks for the work and for sharing.

There are existing studies showing that the agricultural output (kg of produce per ha) from farming with compost using BOTH urine AND feces is higher than compost of either urine or feces, alone. I still cannot grasp why "urine separation" except in specific and rare circumstances (like on a boat) has gained any support.

Also, you can find plenty of information from both bio-intensive and bio-dynamic groups on the well proven reduced water demands for compost rich farming.

Last, as for black water sewage - more than 60% of the cost of central sewage treatment is in the transmission systems. Using local (neighborhood) treatment makes a lot of sense. The use of engineered wetlands and the recovery of the water for irrigation allows for flushing toilets to almost still be justified, at least environmentally. Cost-wise, however, eliminating flushing toilets and using "dry" composting toilets and then treating only the 'grey water' in engineered wetlands is the best of all worlds.

Author: Craigembleton (Craigembleton)
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 3:51 am

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Hi All
I recently completed an MSc in Environmental Architecture. For one of my essays I looked at whether composted organic waste, including human excreta, could replace chemical fertilisers on UK farms.
You can download the essay here: https://www.greenfrontier.org/about/

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.