Buckets - Where to get?

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Handbook - A Guide to Composting Human Manure: Buckets - Where to get?
Author: S. Infante
Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 2:14 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

Any good sources on obtaining buckets, other than the obvious of buying them from Home Depot or the like. I really liked the idea Joe had to obtain some that would be otherwise thrown away. I live in Albuquerque, NM, so any ideas locally or globally (i.e. where others got their buckets not in Albuquerque) would be appreciated

Author: Larry
Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 10:49 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Restaurants, cafeterias, bakeries, sheetrockers, canneries, janitors, printers, for a start. Get several for back-up. We have several humanure harvesters to accomodate guests. No standing in line necessary.

Author: admin
Monday, December 13, 2004 - 12:14 am

donut shops

Monday, December 13, 2004 - 7:56 am

I got some buckets from a bakery and am almost done making my saw-dust toilet. I am doing a 2-container system, one for the cover material and one for the humanure. I should be done today, I ran out of day light yesterday.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 12:14 pm

I finished it! It is in use. Furniture builder I am not! Measure once and cut 4 times? right? and then one more cut for good measure?

Friday, December 17, 2004 - 5:57 pm

You were "holding it" for quite a long time. I'm glad you finaly got it built. I even feel better.

Joe

Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 12:59 pm

Questions? My bucket seems to be filling rapidly. I am using mulched leaves and I am assuming that maybe they are just more bulky than sawdust and so it fills faster? But, here is the main question, do you use enough cover material to totally cover the toilet paper and if so, how do you keep it from piling up in the middle?

The good news is that it does not smell at all bad. There is a slight odor of the linseed oil on the box and of the leaves, but it is pleasant, not offensive. I did believe you that it did not smell, but I just wanted to pass it on to anyone else who has doubts.

Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 1:26 pm

You don't have to totally cover the toilet paper. You just have to cover the contents until there is no odor.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.