Alla yous are wayyy to concerned! Her...

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Handbook - A Guide to Composting Human Manure: Alla yous are wayyy to concerned! Here's why:
Author: John Smith (John)
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 2:49 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

[No profile available] Edit this post

Jim,

Have you read Joe's book?

Within it, you'll realize that throwing feces out the window and onto the garden isn't a smart idea.

John "mmmmm, shitty cabbage, maw"

Author: Jim Moore (Ijimmoore)
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 11:39 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

When I was little I spent Summers in Ireland on the family dairy farm. It was in the 50s. There was no plumbing and/or electric. We used chamber pots. In the mornings my Nannie would empty our pot out the window (yes the stone house was built in consideration of this - but who knows when. It may have been centuries old. It had a thatch roof too).

Anyway, the farm hand would somehow pick up the stuff and chuck it on the pile of cleanings from the stalls and stables.

My aunts used to use the pile to fertilize the garden. This apparently had went on for generations.
I remember I used to go in the garden and eat the cabbage raw it was so good! Now I will tell you one thing ... to this day I have NEVER eaten fruit and vegetables like that, anywhere, in America, nor anywhere else for that matter, 'nd I bin a few places, mind ya.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.