Happy 30th Birthday!

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Handbook - A Guide to Composting Human Manure: Happy 30th Birthday!
Author: Joe (Joe)
Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 6:27 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

It will be 30 straight years of composting humanure at my home the first week of August, 2009.

I composted also for a year or two before that elsewhere, but I just used a sawdust cover material in the toilet and dumped it in a pile outside. I don't think that really counts, but I did learn a thing or two from it - especially how sawdust kills odor.

By the way, the pile eventually decomposed and the property owners planted blueberries there. The berry bushes did great.

Author: Ecointerest (Ecointerest)
Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 5:39 am

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Well said Xenos.... here!here!

Alan

Author: Xenos (Xenos)
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 2:59 pm

[No profile available] Edit this post

Don't know the precise date of course, but now seems as good a time as any to congratulate Joe on 30 years of humanure composting! -- and to thank him for all he's done {grin} since then, for us and others around the world.

Happy 30th, Joe!

All the best!

:D

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.