Rotting my own sawdust

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Handbook - A Guide to Composting Human Manure: Rotting my own sawdust
Author: Scipio (Scipio)
Monday, July 01, 2013 - 5:50 pm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Thanks for the reply Joe. I pretty much figured out that would be the best way. Thanks for the confirmation.

Author: Joe (Joe)
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 6:50 pm

Dump the sawdust in a pile outside and let rain work on it, assuming you get rain where you are.

Author: Scipio (Scipio)
Monday, June 24, 2013 - 11:02 am

Hi folks,

I have only just bought this amazing book and am in the process of building my own toilet system. My question is this. I have access to large amounts of sawdust which is packaged in the form of animal bedding. Now, this sawdust is very dry so should I be rotting the sawdust myself? And also, what is the best way to do this. Is it as simple as putting the sawdust in a large bucket and wetting it or leaving it outside to let the rain do the work? I hope that you good people can help. If this sawdust is no good then will grass mowings be okay to use as a cover material?

Many thanks

Mark

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.