Horse manure

The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board: Humanure Composting Around the World: Horse manure
Author: Sonlymee (Sonlymee)
Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 8:51 am
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Hi,
I just collected 2 pickups full of old horse manure from next door and the straw / lucerne / alfalpha they have eaten.Very dry. Tried it in my toilet and it works a treat !Layered like lasagne. Bonus is the smell.It is just like fresh straw again after using. I dump my contents under light soil to start.Then after 3 or 4 weeks, it goes to the red wrigglers in the worm farm.No chemicals at all mind.Very sweet. Have fun.

Author: Joe Jenkins (Joe)
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 7:07 pm

View profile or send e-mail Edit this post

Well aged horse manure would make a suitable cover material as long as odor is not an issue.

Author: shelly skye (Shelly_jo)
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 1:01 pm

[No profile available] Edit this post

I am wondering if it would be possible to use well aged horse manure as a cover material in my bucket? I have access to lots of old horse manure and was wanting to use it (screened to break up the lumps) if possible. I would still use straw and weeds as compost pile covers. Thanks for your help.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out     Administration
Topics Profile Last Day Last Week Search Tree View Member List Log Out   Administration
Welcome to The International Compost Sanitation Forum and Message Board
For assistance, read the instructions or contact us.